Monday 4 February 2013

A Mixed Bag

This post is going to be a bit of a jumble of things to say as I haven't posted in a bit and its been a pretty busy sort of week, so enjoy!

So Dixon left for Brazil on the 30th, so that means he has been away for six days already, and yesterday was the first time I got to speak to him, which makes it officially the longest we have gone without speaking ever. I know, a bit of a sappy start for the post, but it was hard! He said he was doing really well though, its really hot, even when its raining and I am really excited to hopefully see some photos and stuff when they get back. He was busy most of the time though so I don't know if he has seen anything other than the back of another seat on a bus.

So since Dixon was away I have holiday time I needed to use up at work so I took some days off and visited my pal in Ayrshire, and we went out to the coast to see The Electric Brae and Culzean Castle. Even if you don't believe in The Electric Brae's super powers, the views are beautiful, where you can see the Isle of Arran across the Firth of the Clyde, which I did take a photo of, but with my film camera so it might be a wee while before we see it. The tiny island you see in the second photo is Ailsa Craig, which I only just found out is inhabited with a number of gannets and puffins, I would mostly like to see the puffins. Hopefully I can make out for a sea life tour and see them all first hand.


We were a bit late to see the interior of the Castle, and even though it was a a bit cold and windy, the skies were clear and made for some excellent photos, Scotland is really a beautiful country and hopefully this year I will get to see more and more of it. 




I took a bunch of photos, with this camera, the Fujica 35 Automagic, but in the process I seem to have jammed the film, or just as possible I don't know what I am doing and can't rewind it, so if anyone has a manual for it or any ideas. I know there is a bit at the bottom that should rewind it but it is just as stuck as the mechanism to advance the film. So if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated. 


And on another slightly related note, I have a new project, similar to the previous one, but not quite the same. In any case here are some hints and see if you can work out whats happening. And hopefully there are more to come soon, I have a bit more time off next week. Productivity will be the theme!





No comments:

Post a Comment